The CFOT course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Certified Fiber Optics Technician or who needs to understand or use fiber optic technology within the job. CFOTs have a broad knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) in fiber optics that can be applied to almost any job - design, installation, operation – and for almost any application using fiber optic communications.
Date: June 3 - 5 2024
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Etobicoke (More Dates Avail)
Price: $1,999 + HST CAD
- Those already working in or just getting started in fiber optics
- Designers, contractors, and installers of fiber optic cable plants
- Users of fiber optic cable plants and communications systems involved in designing and managing networks
- May be used in order to get some jobs, higher wages, distinguish yourself from the competition
- Novice - wanting to know about fiber optics
- Technician - enhancing their knowledge, preparing for FOA CFOT exam
- CFOT (review) - enhancing and updating their knowledge
- Get an industry-wide FOA Certified Fiber Optics Technician CFOT designation
- Identify fiber, cable and connectors used in fiber optic systems
- Splice and connect fiber
- Test optical networks using power meters, OTDRs
- Establish appropriate processes for dealing with fiber networks
- Effectively and efficiently install, terminate, and test multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic networks to existing standards
- Document a fiber network
Along with chapter tests, class discussions, and substantial hands-on activities, the CFOT exam is given and graded at the end of the class. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the program.
Critical Success Factors:
The key to success in fiber optics, as in any field, is staying ahead of the competition, and that means continuing to build your skill set with additional training and certifications.
We are committed to leading the industry and providing training that sets the standard for other schools to follow. We were one of the first programs to offer fiber optic training, and we remain committed to excellence, quality education, and yours success.
Successful completion will lead to certification by the Fiber Optic Association as a Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT).